The new KTM 890 Adventure, with its Dakar-inspired style, increases displacement, performance, comfort, technology and agility.
The new Adventure is positioned at the top of the mid-displacement travel-enduro category thanks to its increased power, reduced weight, the thrust of its torque and the richness of its technical equipment. Thanks to updates related to the new engine, renewed chassis and electronics, the KTM 890 Adventure gains more character and handling than the previous version.
The displacement increases, the performance increases, the benefits given by an engine with a sportier character increase. The 899cc and 90cc more than the KTM 790 Adventure lead to an improvement in terms of torque, power and driving feeling.
- The KTM 890 Adventure delivers 77 kW /105 CV at 8.000 rpm (compared to the 80 kW / 95 hp of the KTM 790 ADVENTURE) and 100 Nm of torque at 6.500 rpm (an increase of 12 Nm). The gyroscopic effect of the internal parts of this new twin-cylinder 4T twin-cylinder engine determines further advantages: a more stable behavior at constant speed (as well as at low and medium throttle openings) and greater stability even when cornering.
- Due throttle bodies Dellorto 46 mm, equipped with new sensors to read more precisely the pressure in the ducts. A knock sensor in the head improves the reliability of the KTM 890 ADVENTURE engine: this sensor has been introduced to recognize early or abnormal combustion, and is a targeted modification for these Travel-Enduro models that may have to deal with quality petrol. different when traveling from one country to another.
- La clutch PASC slipper (Power Assist Slipper Clutch) adapts to increased engine performance thanks to newly designed clutch discs to increase heat resistance and durability. The slipper clutch controls the sudden movements of the rear wheel, as well as making shifting easier and smoother when you need to spend many hours in the saddle.
- Transmission with softer contrast springs, shorter lever travel and improved settings for the Quickshifter + (optional) result in easier and faster shifting. The gearbox has been strengthened thanks to the shot blasting of the gears of the last three ratios.
The KTM 890 Adventure adopts a Cornering Motorcycle Traction Control new generation (CMTC). The main difference from the previously adopted technology lies in the combination of two independent controllers (one for the wheel slip and the other for the pitch angle) which allow a wider range of settings. Pitch control is most noticeable in acceleration a motorcycle straight, when you experience a more constant thrust with less abrupt and marked power cuts.
- This new system provides on the KTM 890 Adventure faster reactions and accurate to the same fundamental physical phenomenon: a speed of rotation of the rear wheel not compatible with the dynamics of the motorcycle at that moment. The amount of slip allowed for the rear wheel depends on the riding mode selected, and advanced riders can also disable the system.
- In addition to the three standard riding modes, the Rally riding mode, which allows you to adjust the degree of intervention of the MTC on a 9-level scale. This range has been designed to adapt to the needs of a wide variety of users: from off-road beginners to more experienced riders.
- KTM has improved the accuracy and effectiveness of the algorithms that manage its Cornering ABS. These updates have improved braking effectiveness by minimizing ABS interventions. Offroad ABS mode reduces the intervention of the system on the front brake and excludes the lean angle sensor. The riders can thus lock the rear wheel to make the bike turn.
- Cruise Control, for riders who appreciate the practicality of this system, the control selector is standard on the KTM 890 Adventure, while the control software remains optional.
The chassis of the KTM 890 ADVENTURE guarantees superior dynamic performance. The engine and suspension are paired with a steel trellis frame that forms a compact, balanced and low center of gravity motorcycle.
- The KTM 890 Adventure uses technology WP APEX for suspensions. The new single shock absorber offers better damping behavior and greater calibration possibilities thanks to the rebound adjustment, as well as the practical return to adjust the preload by hand.
- An travel motorcycle he can ask a lot of his rear subframe, which must be able to support the passenger and any baggage. On the KTM 890 Adventure it was possible to save weight without compromising the strength and rigidity of this component, thanks to the use of thinner tubes for the construction of the trellis.
- The KTM 890 Adventure features a enhanced braking system. A stronger spring for the front pump piston gives a better feeling to the lever, while the 'slim seal' technology for the seals allows a better precision of the attachment point.
from Dakar Rally to us
The ergonomics of the KTM 890 Adventure have been conceived to make the most of the enormous potential of these bikes and the purpose for which they were designed: the off-road. In particular, the shape of the tank is a clear example of functional design, and despite containing 20 liters for a range of up to 400 km, its slim shape shifts the fuel as low as possible, thus further lowering the center of gravity; this mass centralization effect helps driving dynamics, and is well noticeable in off-road.
- Riders can keep their knees closer to the center of the bike when standing, while the flat profile of the saddle - as on professional Enduro bikes - facilitates movement. The tank housing in the frame also allows the saddle to be positioned lower, while the widening section at the bottom protects the legs from splashes and air.
- The KTM 890 Adventure combines performance and economy of operation, in fact consumption is contained in only 4,5 liters per 100 km while thanks to the Euro5 homologation, emissions are limited to only 105 grams of CO2 emitted per kilometer. The intervals of maintenance are expected every 15.000 km while the valve clearance every 30.000.
FOLD EAT TRAVEL