Ducati unveils the new Multistrada V4, the sportiest and most technological maxi road enduro ever, designed for every type of road.
Ducati performance and sportiness are combined with unprecedented ride comfort and versatility that allows it to be effective in all driving conditions Equipped with the V4 Granturismo engine, the Multistrada V4 features record-breaking maintenance intervals, offers a integrated navigation system and is the first motorcycle in the world equipped with front radar and rear.
The fourth generation of Multistrada is one motorcycle even more performance, but still easier to drive. More robust and at the same time lighter. More versatile and comfortable, but effective in all driving conditions. In other words, Ducati wanted the Multistrada V4 to be the best “Multi” ever. In short, more Multistrada than ever.
La Multistrada V4 it is “Sport” because it is light and compact, Has 170 CV, electronic aids from MotoGP and a chassis with agile odds for an exciting and effective driving in mixed terrain. It's “Touring” thanks to intervals of maintenance main fixed every 60.000 km, to the obsessive attention paid in the development phase to ride comfort, ai Radar systems (first bike in the world to have them both anterior and posterior), al navigator chart viewable on the dashboard and at corner lights. It is "Enduro" thanks to excellent off-road capabilities, electronic suspensions, smooth delivery and gear ratios. It is “Urban” because it guarantees great ease of use at low speeds, but also thanks to the connectivity of the smartphone and the careful study aimed at thermal comfort. This explains why dominating all the streets has never been easier.
- The design work done on the Multistrada V4 is extremely functional to its technical soul and has led to a solid, robust, yet refined aesthetic result. The Ducati designers worked on the proportions and compactness of the bike body within the wheelbase, in order to favor the perfect combination of form and function. This fact is immediately noticeable by the unbalanced volumes on the front with muscular but sexy lines to complement the 22 liter tank, which are combined with the slender rear that allows an optimal driving position even when standing in off-road sections. The study of aerodynamic flows was aimed at guaranteeing the maximum possible comfort for the rider.
- Il engine is the real heart of this bike: the V4 Grandtourism. Lightweight (66,7 kg) and compact, it has a lot of grit but proves to be very soft and very fluid at low revs, with a lot of back in the mids and really exciting in the highs. The V4 Granturismo has a displacement of 1.158 cm3 and delivers 170 hp (125 kW) at 10.500 rpm with a maximum torque of 125 Nm (12,7 kgm) at 8.750 rpm. Furthermore, the adoption of this engine allows a significant extension of the maintenance intervals: in the Multistrada V4 oil changes are scheduled every 15.000 km, while checking and possibly adjusting the valve clearance is required every 60.000 km. No bike in production goes that far.
- The electronic package of the Multistrada V4 is the state of the art in the motorcycle industry for safety, comfort, performance and connectivity. The inertial platform (IMU) manages the operation of ABS cornering, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC), Ducati Traction Control (DTC), here in version "cornering”And, on the Multistrada V4 S, the Cornering Lights (DCL). Also on the Multistrada V4 S is also the Vehicle Hold Control as standard (VHC), which makes it easy to restart on sloping roads. On the Multistrada V4 S, the inertial platform also communicates continuously with the semi-active suspension control system Ducati Skyhook Suspension (DSS) with Autoleveling function.
- With the Multistrada V4 Ducati also introduces an absolute preview in the world of motorcycles: the revolutionary system front and rear radar, which allows the use of the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and del Blind Spot Detection (BSD). Radars are advanced assistance systems that Ducati has developed together with a top-level technological partner such as Bosch, and are able to support and make riding more comfortable thanks to the ability to reconstruct the reality surrounding the bike.
- The Multistrada V4 is equipped with a monocoque frame in aluminum, 19-inch front wheel and double-sided swingarm, capable of accommodating spoked wheels. It has a limited wheelbase (1.567 mm), a sporty front end, suspension with great travel (170 mm the front wheel travel and 180 mm the rear one), ground clearance of 220 mm and a dry weight of 215 kg. All this allows the Multistrada V4 to be intuitive and effective around the corners like a real Ducati and at the same time easy to ride and versatile for both on-road and off-road use.
- With the aim of making the long, more comfortable motorway transfers, during the design and development phase, the Ducati engineers paid great attention to what in the car world is called Noise, Vibration, Harshness (NVHMore), or the measure of the general comfort level of the vehicle. In this sense, a careful aerodynamic study was made, also carried out in the wind tunnel, to obtain the better air protection of the rider and passenger, reduce the hiss and move the heat from the engine away from the rider's legs. The result is a plexiglass with a new shape, adjustable in height with a single finger, associated with two side deflectors. The shapes of the handguards and of the parts most exposed to the air have been studied in detail, as well as the “sound”, polite but always present and with the Ducati tone, of the engine.
- Il engine V4 Granturismo also adopts the strategy of deactivation of the bank back to idle. In this way, when the bike is stopped at the traffic light, the rear bank is deactivated (there is no combustion in the cylinders), improving the thermal comfort of the rider and passenger thanks to the lowering of temperatures and reducing consumption.
- The standard V4 model is available in red and represents the version dedicated to those who love the 170 hp engine and the 215 kg weight. The central model of the range, the V4 S, is available in the color “Aviator Gray” as well as in red. The Ducati Multistrada V4 S can be ordered with both alloy wheels and spoked wheels. For this bike, Ducati has thought of a new configuration package that can be ordered directly from the factory (Essential, Travel, Radar, Performance, Full). It is already possible to view all the configuration options in the dedicated section of the Ducati website. The third version is the Multistrada V4 S Sport, which offers a particularly gritty dedicated livery and the standard Performance package with Akrapovič exhaust and carbon front mudguard.
The new Multistrada V4 will be available in Ducati dealerships from the end of November.
FOLD EAT TRAVEL