Cassinetta di Lugagnago is a perfect destination for discovering the historic streets and villas between Ticino and Naviglio by motorbike, a few kilometers from Milan.
A goal to reach in motorcycle, scooter and also by bike. Between the Naviglio and the Ticino, we find the historic Municipality of Cassinetta di Lugagnano, located on the banks of the Naviglio Grande, famous for its humpback bridge that connects the two villages and for the noble residences on the Naviglio, which belonged to the most important Milanese families, such as Trivulzio, Visconti, Mantegazza, Castiglioni, Parravicini.
Here are some of the most interesting villas to visit
The church of Santa Maria Nascente and Sant'Antonio Abate and the oratory of San Giuseppe, built in 1742 as a chapel linked to the villa Castiglioni Nai Bossi.
- Villa Negri is the first historic residence to be found on the Naviglio, on the right, as soon as you arrive in Cassinetta and after the crossroads for Albairate. Built in 1761 by the Austrian general Dembowski, in 1875 it was bought by the then mayor of Milan, Gaetano Negri.
- Next to the bridge appears Villa Visconti Castiglione Maineri. The long walls overlook the canal. The land was already owned by the Visconti in 1392, the year in which the canal was dug.
- Villa Cattaneo Krentzlin stands on the bank of the Naviglio immediately after Villa Visconti Maineri, followed by Casa Spirito, always along the Naviglio, visible beyond a gate parallel to the canal.
- Villa Castiglioni Nai Bossi, along the cycle path leading to Robecco, dates back to the first half of the eighteenth century and is probably the work of the same owner, the architect Carlo Federico Castiglioni.
- Villa Mantegazza Macinaghi overlooks the Trivulzio square, along the main street of Lugagnano.
- Villa Trivulzio, dating back to the early decades of the nineteenth century, decorated in the characteristic "Lombard yellow" of the time, is located at the entrance to the road to Robecco.
- Villa Birago Clari Monzini is the oldest and largest noble residence on the right bank of the Naviglio. At one time it connected to the canal via an 800-meter tree-lined avenue that continued from Piazza del Teatro to the imposing exedra of Villa Gambotto Negri.
Foto cover By Zhang Yuan, CC BY 3.0